orkers set up the stage at the University of Denver on Oct. 1, ahead of the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Obama's traveling press secretary, in an obvious attempt to lower expectations, has half-jokingly raised the possibility that in a worst-case scenario, the president might fall off this stage.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week