Workers set up the stage at the University of Denver on Oct. 1, ahead of the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Obama's traveling press secretary, in an obvious attempt to lower expectations, has half-jokingly raised the possibility that in a worst-case scenario, the president might fall off this stage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week