Workers set up the stage at the University of Denver on Oct. 1, ahead of the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Obama's traveling press secretary, in an obvious attempt to lower expectations, has half-jokingly raised the possibility that in a worst-case scenario, the president might fall off this stage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week