The HotTug ($11,600 to $21,300), a tugboat that doubles as a floating hot tub, takes aquatic lounging to the next level. The boat, which is powered by a quiet electric motor and can seat up to eight passengers, comes equipped with a simple wood-burning stove that heats the water inside. And while the boat "presumably gets better mileage when drained," says Andrew Liszewski at Gizmodo, who wouldn't want to cruise around a lake in a Jacuzzi? The HotTug "has to be the most relaxing way to enjoy the water." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week