A motorcyclist injured when he collided with a panther is suing the state of Florida. Kenneth Nolan, 57, hit the wild cat on a highway in Big Cypress National Preserve, and says a roadside "animal detection system" failed to alert him. "The product is intended to protect not only humans but panthers," said Nolan's attorney. "In this case it did neither."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week