A motorcyclist injured when he collided with a panther is suing the state of Florida. Kenneth Nolan, 57, hit the wild cat on a highway in Big Cypress National Preserve, and says a roadside "animal detection system" failed to alert him. "The product is intended to protect not only humans but panthers," said Nolan's attorney. "In this case it did neither."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I choose not to be rich
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week