A year after a "bounty" scandal rocked the NFL, the coach of a California Pop Warner football team is accused of giving cash rewards to 10-year-olds for "big hits" on opponents. Six players made the allegations against coach Darren Crawford. "Some of these dads are trying to live through their kids," said longtime Pop Warner coach Chris Healy. "You can't do that."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week