A year after a "bounty" scandal rocked the NFL, the coach of a California Pop Warner football team is accused of giving cash rewards to 10-year-olds for "big hits" on opponents. Six players made the allegations against coach Darren Crawford. "Some of these dads are trying to live through their kids," said longtime Pop Warner coach Chris Healy. "You can't do that."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week