A year after a "bounty" scandal rocked the NFL, the coach of a California Pop Warner football team is accused of giving cash rewards to 10-year-olds for "big hits" on opponents. Six players made the allegations against coach Darren Crawford. "Some of these dads are trying to live through their kids," said longtime Pop Warner coach Chris Healy. "You can't do that."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week