A year after a "bounty" scandal rocked the NFL, the coach of a California Pop Warner football team is accused of giving cash rewards to 10-year-olds for "big hits" on opponents. Six players made the allegations against coach Darren Crawford. "Some of these dads are trying to live through their kids," said longtime Pop Warner coach Chris Healy. "You can't do that."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week