First Lady Michelle Obama, seated next to Sen. Michael Bennett (D-Colo.), shrugs knowingly as President Obama leads off the presidential debate in Denver by noting that the day marks his 20th wedding anniversary, and that two decades earlier, he "became the luckiest man on Earth." GOP challenger Mitt Romney quipped: "I'm sure it's the most romantic place you can imagine, here with me." Well, next year, the president promised, "we will not be celebrating it in front of 40 million people."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Why is Obama still smoking?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week