First Lady Michelle Obama, seated next to Sen. Michael Bennett (D-Colo.), shrugs knowingly as President Obama leads off the presidential debate in Denver by noting that the day marks his 20th wedding anniversary, and that two decades earlier, he "became the luckiest man on Earth." GOP challenger Mitt Romney quipped: "I'm sure it's the most romantic place you can imagine, here with me." Well, next year, the president promised, "we will not be celebrating it in front of 40 million people."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week