First Lady Michelle Obama, seated next to Sen. Michael Bennett (D-Colo.), shrugs knowingly as President Obama leads off the presidential debate in Denver by noting that the day marks his 20th wedding anniversary, and that two decades earlier, he "became the luckiest man on Earth." GOP challenger Mitt Romney quipped: "I'm sure it's the most romantic place you can imagine, here with me." Well, next year, the president promised, "we will not be celebrating it in front of 40 million people."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week