irst Lady Michelle Obama, seated next to Sen. Michael Bennett (D-Colo.), shrugs knowingly as President Obama leads off the presidential debate in Denver by noting that the day marks his 20th wedding anniversary, and that two decades earlier, he "became the luckiest man on Earth." GOP challenger Mitt Romney quipped: "I'm sure it's the most romantic place you can imagine, here with me." Well, next year, the president promised, "we will not be celebrating it in front of 40 million people."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week