Researchers at the MIT Media Lab have created a vest that hugs you every time a friend "likes" one of your Facebook posts. The Like-A-Hug vest is linked to your Facebook account and automatically inflates inward when you receive a "like." To send a like back, you can squeeze and deflate the vest. Of course, says Edwin Kee at Ubergizmo, people in hot and humid climates would "probably prefer something smaller" like an inflatable wristband. But even so, "I won't be surprised to see this appear as a Kickstarter project."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What is Jebonomics?
Subscribe to the Week