Researchers at the MIT Media Lab have created a vest that hugs you every time a friend "likes" one of your Facebook posts. The Like-A-Hug vest is linked to your Facebook account and automatically inflates inward when you receive a "like." To send a like back, you can squeeze and deflate the vest. Of course, says Edwin Kee at Ubergizmo, people in hot and humid climates would "probably prefer something smaller" like an inflatable wristband. But even so, "I won't be surprised to see this appear as a Kickstarter project."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- Meet the 11 condoms of the future selected by Bill Gates
Subscribe to the Week