Researchers at the MIT Media Lab have created a vest that hugs you every time a friend "likes" one of your Facebook posts. The Like-A-Hug vest is linked to your Facebook account and automatically inflates inward when you receive a "like." To send a like back, you can squeeze and deflate the vest. Of course, says Edwin Kee at Ubergizmo, people in hot and humid climates would "probably prefer something smaller" like an inflatable wristband. But even so, "I won't be surprised to see this appear as a Kickstarter project."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- In defense of Obama's golfing
Subscribe to the Week