amon Robinson, a 27-year-old Brooklyn man, was struck and killed by a cop car while fleeing the police, who caught him stealing cobblestones from his housing project. Now, Robinson's mother is being billed $710 by the New York City Police to repair the dent Tamon's body left in the squad car. "We're still grieving, and this is like a slap in the face," Laverne Dobbinson told New York's Daily News. "It's crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week