Tamon Robinson, a 27-year-old Brooklyn man, was struck and killed by a cop car while fleeing the police, who caught him stealing cobblestones from his housing project. Now, Robinson's mother is being billed $710 by the New York City Police to repair the dent Tamon's body left in the squad car. "We're still grieving, and this is like a slap in the face," Laverne Dobbinson told New York's Daily News. "It's crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week