Tamon Robinson, a 27-year-old Brooklyn man, was struck and killed by a cop car while fleeing the police, who caught him stealing cobblestones from his housing project. Now, Robinson's mother is being billed $710 by the New York City Police to repair the dent Tamon's body left in the squad car. "We're still grieving, and this is like a slap in the face," Laverne Dobbinson told New York's Daily News. "It's crazy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The week's best photojournalism
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week