Romney campaign staffers wipe down a runway as the nominee's wife, Ann, waits to walk on stage for a victory rally on Oct. 7 at Tradition Town Square in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Some 12,000 people gathered at the rally, where a fired-up Mitt Romney declared that "next January, we'll be watching [Obama] leave the White House for the last time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week