Romney campaign staffers wipe down a runway as the nominee's wife, Ann, waits to walk on stage for a victory rally on Oct. 7 at Tradition Town Square in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Some 12,000 people gathered at the rally, where a fired-up Mitt Romney declared that "next January, we'll be watching [Obama] leave the White House for the last time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week