Romney campaign staffers wipe down a runway as the nominee's wife, Ann, waits to walk on stage for a victory rally on Oct. 7 at Tradition Town Square in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Some 12,000 people gathered at the rally, where a fired-up Mitt Romney declared that "next January, we'll be watching [Obama] leave the White House for the last time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The economics of Halloween: By the numbers
Subscribe to the Week