Romney campaign staffers wipe down a runway as the nominee's wife, Ann, waits to walk on stage for a victory rally on Oct. 7 at Tradition Town Square in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Some 12,000 people gathered at the rally, where a fired-up Mitt Romney declared that "next January, we'll be watching [Obama] leave the White House for the last time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week