eavily tattooed North Carolina mother Odessa Clay was arrested for giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tattoo. State law dictates that anyone under 18 cannot be tattooed, even with parental permission. Clay's rationale? "She asked me to do it." Ummm, haven't you "ever heard of fake tattoos?" asks Jeanne Sager at The Stir. "Or maybe the word 'No'?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week