Heavily tattooed North Carolina mother Odessa Clay was arrested for giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tattoo. State law dictates that anyone under 18 cannot be tattooed, even with parental permission. Clay's rationale? "She asked me to do it." Ummm, haven't you "ever heard of fake tattoos?" asks Jeanne Sager at The Stir. "Or maybe the word 'No'?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week