Heavily tattooed North Carolina mother Odessa Clay was arrested for giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tattoo. State law dictates that anyone under 18 cannot be tattooed, even with parental permission. Clay's rationale? "She asked me to do it." Ummm, haven't you "ever heard of fake tattoos?" asks Jeanne Sager at The Stir. "Or maybe the word 'No'?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week