Heavily tattooed North Carolina mother Odessa Clay was arrested for giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tattoo. State law dictates that anyone under 18 cannot be tattooed, even with parental permission. Clay's rationale? "She asked me to do it." Ummm, haven't you "ever heard of fake tattoos?" asks Jeanne Sager at The Stir. "Or maybe the word 'No'?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week