eavily tattooed North Carolina mother Odessa Clay was arrested for giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tattoo. State law dictates that anyone under 18 cannot be tattooed, even with parental permission. Clay's rationale? "She asked me to do it." Ummm, haven't you "ever heard of fake tattoos?" asks Jeanne Sager at The Stir. "Or maybe the word 'No'?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week