Security-minded spotters keep an eye out as President Obama departs San Francisco International Airport aboard Air Force One, right, on Oct. 9. Obama was in the city for several fundraising events, including an intimate $40,000-per-person gathering at the Intercontinental Hotel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week