orget those pesky bike chains that annoyingly catch and tear at your jeans. The Mando Footloose, a sleek and compact electric bicycle, ditches the chain and uses the pedals to generate electricity that powers a motor. Basically, says Andrew Liszewski at Gizmodo, this is "the bicycle equivalent of the Chevy Volt." Too tired to pedal? The motor alone can power the bike for nearly 19 miles, and once you've arrived at your destination, the Footloose, whose price has yet to be announced, even folds up for easy carrying.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week