Forget those pesky bike chains that annoyingly catch and tear at your jeans. The Mando Footloose, a sleek and compact electric bicycle, ditches the chain and uses the pedals to generate electricity that powers a motor. Basically, says Andrew Liszewski at Gizmodo, this is "the bicycle equivalent of the Chevy Volt." Too tired to pedal? The motor alone can power the bike for nearly 19 miles, and once you've arrived at your destination, the Footloose, whose price has yet to be announced, even folds up for easy carrying.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week