Forget those pesky bike chains that annoyingly catch and tear at your jeans. The Mando Footloose, a sleek and compact electric bicycle, ditches the chain and uses the pedals to generate electricity that powers a motor. Basically, says Andrew Liszewski at Gizmodo, this is "the bicycle equivalent of the Chevy Volt." Too tired to pedal? The motor alone can power the bike for nearly 19 miles, and once you've arrived at your destination, the Footloose, whose price has yet to be announced, even folds up for easy carrying.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week