he garden-variety thief "doesn't stand a fighting chance" against the new Tegra-Lite Bulletproof Attaché ($5,995) from Tumi. This limited-edition case protects your valuables with 65 layers of polypropylene thermoplastic composite — the same stuff used for body armor. "Not surprisingly," it also has a false bottom and a handcuff ring, making it the perfect accessory for VIPs with a taste for "complete overkill." Indestructible as it may be, "don't go diving into a line of fire with it." You need your own body armor to try that. Source: Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week