The garden-variety thief "doesn't stand a fighting chance" against the new Tegra-Lite Bulletproof Attaché ($5,995) from Tumi. This limited-edition case protects your valuables with 65 layers of polypropylene thermoplastic composite — the same stuff used for body armor. "Not surprisingly," it also has a false bottom and a handcuff ring, making it the perfect accessory for VIPs with a taste for "complete overkill." Indestructible as it may be, "don't go diving into a line of fire with it." You need your own body armor to try that. Source: Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week