he garden-variety thief "doesn't stand a fighting chance" against the new Tegra-Lite Bulletproof Attaché ($5,995) from Tumi. This limited-edition case protects your valuables with 65 layers of polypropylene thermoplastic composite — the same stuff used for body armor. "Not surprisingly," it also has a false bottom and a handcuff ring, making it the perfect accessory for VIPs with a taste for "complete overkill." Indestructible as it may be, "don't go diving into a line of fire with it." You need your own body armor to try that. Source: Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week