The garden-variety thief "doesn't stand a fighting chance" against the new Tegra-Lite Bulletproof Attaché ($5,995) from Tumi. This limited-edition case protects your valuables with 65 layers of polypropylene thermoplastic composite — the same stuff used for body armor. "Not surprisingly," it also has a false bottom and a handcuff ring, making it the perfect accessory for VIPs with a taste for "complete overkill." Indestructible as it may be, "don't go diving into a line of fire with it." You need your own body armor to try that. Source: Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week