embers of a liberal group don Sesame Street costumes to protest outside an Oct. 9 campaign stop for Mitt Romney at the Koch Family Farm in Van Meter, Iowa. (Meanwhile, Romney fans compete with their own signs.) Big Bird and Co. have become major campaign symbols in the last week, after Team Obama pounced on Romney's threat to cut funding for PBS.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
Subscribe to the Week