embers of a liberal group don Sesame Street costumes to protest outside an Oct. 9 campaign stop for Mitt Romney at the Koch Family Farm in Van Meter, Iowa. (Meanwhile, Romney fans compete with their own signs.) Big Bird and Co. have become major campaign symbols in the last week, after Team Obama pounced on Romney's threat to cut funding for PBS.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week