embers of a liberal group don Sesame Street costumes to protest outside an Oct. 9 campaign stop for Mitt Romney at the Koch Family Farm in Van Meter, Iowa. (Meanwhile, Romney fans compete with their own signs.) Big Bird and Co. have become major campaign symbols in the last week, after Team Obama pounced on Romney's threat to cut funding for PBS.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week