Members of a liberal group don Sesame Street costumes to protest outside an Oct. 9 campaign stop for Mitt Romney at the Koch Family Farm in Van Meter, Iowa. (Meanwhile, Romney fans compete with their own signs.) Big Bird and Co. have become major campaign symbols in the last week, after Team Obama pounced on Romney's threat to cut funding for PBS.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week