n an apparent homage to the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore, unemployed Ohio electrician James Peterson, 34, decided to fist-pump his way around the University of Akron for some 16 straight hours in May 2012. Peterson was so serious about the challenge that he super glued his right hand into the proper form. Unfortunately, the super glue gave out around the 15-hour mark. The self-proclaimed "veteran fist-pumper" made it another hour before calling it quits. He now holds the record for longest individual fist-pump.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week