n an apparent homage to the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore, unemployed Ohio electrician James Peterson, 34, decided to fist-pump his way around the University of Akron for some 16 straight hours in May 2012. Peterson was so serious about the challenge that he super glued his right hand into the proper form. Unfortunately, the super glue gave out around the 15-hour mark. The self-proclaimed "veteran fist-pumper" made it another hour before calling it quits. He now holds the record for longest individual fist-pump.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week