In an apparent homage to the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore, unemployed Ohio electrician James Peterson, 34, decided to fist-pump his way around the University of Akron for some 16 straight hours in May 2012. Peterson was so serious about the challenge that he super glued his right hand into the proper form. Unfortunately, the super glue gave out around the 15-hour mark. The self-proclaimed "veteran fist-pumper" made it another hour before calling it quits. He now holds the record for longest individual fist-pump.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week