Mitt Romney visits the John Quincy Adams room in the reportedly haunted Golden Lamb Inn in Lebanon, Ohio, on Oct. 13. The establishment is co-owned by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio). Admiring a photo of John Quincy Adams with his father John Adams, Romney said, "Isn't that something. Oh, isn't that something. John Quincy — about the same height as his dad, looks like."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 15 classic cocktail recipes you need to know
- These two studies should be a wake-up call to natural-childbirth extremists
Subscribe to the Week