itt Romney visits the John Quincy Adams room in the reportedly haunted Golden Lamb Inn in Lebanon, Ohio, on Oct. 13. The establishment is co-owned by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio). Admiring a photo of John Quincy Adams with his father John Adams, Romney said, "Isn't that something. Oh, isn't that something. John Quincy — about the same height as his dad, looks like."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week