itt Romney visits the John Quincy Adams room in the reportedly haunted Golden Lamb Inn in Lebanon, Ohio, on Oct. 13. The establishment is co-owned by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio). Admiring a photo of John Quincy Adams with his father John Adams, Romney said, "Isn't that something. Oh, isn't that something. John Quincy — about the same height as his dad, looks like."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week