Mitt Romney visits the John Quincy Adams room in the reportedly haunted Golden Lamb Inn in Lebanon, Ohio, on Oct. 13. The establishment is co-owned by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio). Admiring a photo of John Quincy Adams with his father John Adams, Romney said, "Isn't that something. Oh, isn't that something. John Quincy — about the same height as his dad, looks like."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week