orget those pedestrian refrigerators that simply refrigerate. The Meneghini La Cambusa customizable refrigerator (up to $41,500) can do a whole lot more. Each of the high-class fridges are made to order in Italy, and include a near-infinite number of customizable add-ons. Imagine this incarnation: Behind the ash-dyed aged oak finish and chromed brass handles lurks an ice-maker, temperature-controlled pantry, Miele coffee maker, microwave, and even a flat-screen TV. Who needs a kitchen when your fridge is the kitchen?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week