Forget those pedestrian refrigerators that simply refrigerate. The Meneghini La Cambusa customizable refrigerator (up to $41,500) can do a whole lot more. Each of the high-class fridges are made to order in Italy, and include a near-infinite number of customizable add-ons. Imagine this incarnation: Behind the ash-dyed aged oak finish and chromed brass handles lurks an ice-maker, temperature-controlled pantry, Miele coffee maker, microwave, and even a flat-screen TV. Who needs a kitchen when your fridge is the kitchen?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week