orget those pedestrian refrigerators that simply refrigerate. The Meneghini La Cambusa customizable refrigerator (up to $41,500) can do a whole lot more. Each of the high-class fridges are made to order in Italy, and include a near-infinite number of customizable add-ons. Imagine this incarnation: Behind the ash-dyed aged oak finish and chromed brass handles lurks an ice-maker, temperature-controlled pantry, Miele coffee maker, microwave, and even a flat-screen TV. Who needs a kitchen when your fridge is the kitchen?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week