Forget those pedestrian refrigerators that simply refrigerate. The Meneghini La Cambusa customizable refrigerator (up to $41,500) can do a whole lot more. Each of the high-class fridges are made to order in Italy, and include a near-infinite number of customizable add-ons. Imagine this incarnation: Behind the ash-dyed aged oak finish and chromed brass handles lurks an ice-maker, temperature-controlled pantry, Miele coffee maker, microwave, and even a flat-screen TV. Who needs a kitchen when your fridge is the kitchen?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week