re you the owner of a brainy chicken who can only relax and lay an egg while perusing A Remembrance of Things Past? Well, Nieman Marcus is here to cater to the needs of even the fussiest of hens. The Heritage Hen Mini Farm ($100,000) is a "multilevel dwelling" that features a nesting room, broody room, living room, chandelier, and even a library. (The library comes stocked with chicken and gardening books, not Proust.) Geez, says Sarah Miller at Grist. "Of all the things you could have given to the chickens who inhabit this manse," Nieman Marcus has decided that "what chickens really want to do is read."
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- China's massive pollution problem
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
Subscribe to the Week