Don't put yourself through the misery of slogging around in wet, cold boots this fall and winter. The Drywarmer ($30) from Sidas was designed with alpine skiers in mind, but this dual-headed device can be used to dry out and warm up any type of cold-weather footwear. And because ultraviolet rays do the work, the Drywarmer also kills odor-causing bacteria. "So not only are your boots dry the next morning, they're a little fresher." Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week