Don't put yourself through the misery of slogging around in wet, cold boots this fall and winter. The Drywarmer ($30) from Sidas was designed with alpine skiers in mind, but this dual-headed device can be used to dry out and warm up any type of cold-weather footwear. And because ultraviolet rays do the work, the Drywarmer also kills odor-causing bacteria. "So not only are your boots dry the next morning, they're a little fresher." Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week