Don't put yourself through the misery of slogging around in wet, cold boots this fall and winter. The Drywarmer ($30) from Sidas was designed with alpine skiers in mind, but this dual-headed device can be used to dry out and warm up any type of cold-weather footwear. And because ultraviolet rays do the work, the Drywarmer also kills odor-causing bacteria. "So not only are your boots dry the next morning, they're a little fresher." Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week