The Oakmont Bakery in Oakmont, Penn., is holding its own presidential race of sorts, selling cookies that use icing paper and food coloring to capture the likenesses of President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney. The bakery, which is "established on firm Christian beliefs," began selling the cookies in September, and as of Oct. 17, Romney versions had outsold the Obama biscuits, 350 to 331.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week