The Oakmont Bakery in Oakmont, Penn., is holding its own presidential race of sorts, selling cookies that use icing paper and food coloring to capture the likenesses of President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney. The bakery, which is "established on firm Christian beliefs," began selling the cookies in September, and as of Oct. 17, Romney versions had outsold the Obama biscuits, 350 to 331.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week