The Oakmont Bakery in Oakmont, Penn., is holding its own presidential race of sorts, selling cookies that use icing paper and food coloring to capture the likenesses of President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney. The bakery, which is "established on firm Christian beliefs," began selling the cookies in September, and as of Oct. 17, Romney versions had outsold the Obama biscuits, 350 to 331.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week