he Oakmont Bakery in Oakmont, Penn., is holding its own presidential race of sorts, selling cookies that use icing paper and food coloring to capture the likenesses of President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney. The bakery, which is "established on firm Christian beliefs," began selling the cookies in September, and as of Oct. 17, Romney versions had outsold the Obama biscuits, 350 to 331.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week