Scratch a chore off the fall to-do list without the normal fuss. Simply "set the iRobot Looj 330 ($300) at one end of a gutter and watch it brush away debris at 500 RPM." Made by the same company that gave the world the Roomba robot vacuum cleaner, this gadget needs just five minutes to clear a 30-foot stretch of dirt and leaf clutter. The waterproof machine can even operate in damp gutters and be cleaned up with a quick spray from the hose. The detachable handle doubles as a remote control. Source: Better Homes and Gardens
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week