Prisoners in West Palm Beach, Fla., are suing for access to dental floss. Four inmates have filed suit so far, claiming "pain and suffering," but Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says there's too great a risk of floss being used as a weapon or a rope. "I don't care if they file 400 suits, they're not getting it," said Bradshaw. "This isn't the Ritz-Carlton."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week