Prisoners in West Palm Beach, Fla., are suing for access to dental floss. Four inmates have filed suit so far, claiming "pain and suffering," but Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says there's too great a risk of floss being used as a weapon or a rope. "I don't care if they file 400 suits, they're not getting it," said Bradshaw. "This isn't the Ritz-Carlton."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week