resident Obama walks through the rain on his way back to the West Wing of the White House on Oct. 29. The president canceled a Florida appearance Monday morning to remain in Washington to oversee the response to Hurricane Sandy, which has already begun to affect some 60 million people from North Carolina to Maine.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week