Mitt Romney supporters look on as the GOP candidate speaks before collecting food and supply donations during a Hurricane Sandy relief event on Oct. 30 in Kettering, Ohio. Romney's campaign made a last-minute scramble to turn the Ohio stop into a drive for supplies for storm victims on the East Coast, buying $5,000 worth of goods at Walmart to ensure there were items to display and donate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week