ost parents consider the TV specials based on the popular Peanuts comic strip an inoffensive holiday staple. But one outraged parent-blogger claims that It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown aggressively promotes bullying. According to Babble's DadCamp, the beloved Halloween special should be banned from the airwaves. "The show is riddled with the kids calling each other stupid, dumb, and blockheads," DadCamp fumes. "Charlie Brown is supposed to be the hero. Instead, he is kicked and demeaned at every turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week