ost parents consider the TV specials based on the popular Peanuts comic strip an inoffensive holiday staple. But one outraged parent-blogger claims that It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown aggressively promotes bullying. According to Babble's DadCamp, the beloved Halloween special should be banned from the airwaves. "The show is riddled with the kids calling each other stupid, dumb, and blockheads," DadCamp fumes. "Charlie Brown is supposed to be the hero. Instead, he is kicked and demeaned at every turn."
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
Subscribe to the Week