Most parents consider the TV specials based on the popular Peanuts comic strip an inoffensive holiday staple. But one outraged parent-blogger claims that It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown aggressively promotes bullying. According to Babble's DadCamp, the beloved Halloween special should be banned from the airwaves. "The show is riddled with the kids calling each other stupid, dumb, and blockheads," DadCamp fumes. "Charlie Brown is supposed to be the hero. Instead, he is kicked and demeaned at every turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week