Most parents consider the TV specials based on the popular Peanuts comic strip an inoffensive holiday staple. But one outraged parent-blogger claims that It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown aggressively promotes bullying. According to Babble's DadCamp, the beloved Halloween special should be banned from the airwaves. "The show is riddled with the kids calling each other stupid, dumb, and blockheads," DadCamp fumes. "Charlie Brown is supposed to be the hero. Instead, he is kicked and demeaned at every turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week