ost parents consider the TV specials based on the popular Peanuts comic strip an inoffensive holiday staple. But one outraged parent-blogger claims that It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown aggressively promotes bullying. According to Babble's DadCamp, the beloved Halloween special should be banned from the airwaves. "The show is riddled with the kids calling each other stupid, dumb, and blockheads," DadCamp fumes. "Charlie Brown is supposed to be the hero. Instead, he is kicked and demeaned at every turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week