eople for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants a sign erected to honor hundreds of fish killed in a traffic accident. "Although such signs are usually reserved for human fatalities," PETA's Dina Kourda wrote officials in Irvine, Calif., "I hope you'll make an exception because of the enormous suffering involved in this case." The live saltwater bass were headed to market when their truck collided with two other vehicles.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week