People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants a sign erected to honor hundreds of fish killed in a traffic accident. "Although such signs are usually reserved for human fatalities," PETA's Dina Kourda wrote officials in Irvine, Calif., "I hope you'll make an exception because of the enormous suffering involved in this case." The live saltwater bass were headed to market when their truck collided with two other vehicles.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week