Frighteningly made-up volunteers Wendy Muniz and Christian Rodriguez help out at the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles by conducting a phone-a-thon on Halloween. The event was part of a statewide get-out-the-vote effort to encourage immigrants, Latinos, and new citizens to cast ballots in California.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week