Frighteningly made-up volunteers Wendy Muniz and Christian Rodriguez help out at the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles by conducting a phone-a-thon on Halloween. The event was part of a statewide get-out-the-vote effort to encourage immigrants, Latinos, and new citizens to cast ballots in California.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week