Frighteningly made-up volunteers Wendy Muniz and Christian Rodriguez help out at the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles by conducting a phone-a-thon on Halloween. The event was part of a statewide get-out-the-vote effort to encourage immigrants, Latinos, and new citizens to cast ballots in California.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week