Denver County election judge Paul Aragon of Colorado holds "I Voted!" stickers while waiting for passing motorists to drop off ballots outside the Denver Elections Division building in late October. With early voting coming to a close, and polls opening everywhere in just one day, the country awaits a verdict on the long, hard-fought campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week