Denver County election judge Paul Aragon of Colorado holds "I Voted!" stickers while waiting for passing motorists to drop off ballots outside the Denver Elections Division building in late October. With early voting coming to a close, and polls opening everywhere in just one day, the country awaits a verdict on the long, hard-fought campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
Subscribe to the Week