Denver County election judge Paul Aragon of Colorado holds "I Voted!" stickers while waiting for passing motorists to drop off ballots outside the Denver Elections Division building in late October. With early voting coming to a close, and polls opening everywhere in just one day, the country awaits a verdict on the long, hard-fought campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week