Attention, office drones: If you're about to nod off at your desk and have developed an inconvenient tolerance for caffeine, persuade your boss to invest in a CalmSpace sleep pod (price on request). Workers seeking a rejuvenating break can program the sleek capsule for 10-, 15-, and 20-minute power naps. Sound and colored lights help lull the user to sleep and then gently wake him when nap time has elapsed. Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week