Attention, office drones: If you're about to nod off at your desk and have developed an inconvenient tolerance for caffeine, persuade your boss to invest in a CalmSpace sleep pod (price on request). Workers seeking a rejuvenating break can program the sleek capsule for 10-, 15-, and 20-minute power naps. Sound and colored lights help lull the user to sleep and then gently wake him when nap time has elapsed. Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week