"Given that most young people are never without their smartphones," it only makes sense that one father of a college-age daughter finally turned a smartphone case into a self-defense device. The Spraytect smartphone case ($40) includes a mount for a pepper-spray canister, so if the owner points it at an assailant and fires, "habañero-fueled mayhem ensues." A safety clip on the canister prevents accidental discharges, so you're unlikely to end up blinding friends when trying to take a photo. For now, the case works only with iPhones. Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week