"Given that most young people are never without their smartphones," it only makes sense that one father of a college-age daughter finally turned a smartphone case into a self-defense device. The Spraytect smartphone case ($40) includes a mount for a pepper-spray canister, so if the owner points it at an assailant and fires, "habañero-fueled mayhem ensues." A safety clip on the canister prevents accidental discharges, so you're unlikely to end up blinding friends when trying to take a photo. For now, the case works only with iPhones. Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel's invasion of Gaza shows peace talks were a sham all along
Subscribe to the Week