A Colorado homeowners' association has set up a radar system within its gated community and will soon begin issuing speeding tickets. Fines for exceeding the 30 mph speed limit range from $15 to $100, and residents will be held responsible for paying the fine if the speeding motorist was visiting them. "It's just a little bit overboard," resident Derek Brown said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week