A Colorado homeowners' association has set up a radar system within its gated community and will soon begin issuing speeding tickets. Fines for exceeding the 30 mph speed limit range from $15 to $100, and residents will be held responsible for paying the fine if the speeding motorist was visiting them. "It's just a little bit overboard," resident Derek Brown said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week