A Colorado homeowners' association has set up a radar system within its gated community and will soon begin issuing speeding tickets. Fines for exceeding the 30 mph speed limit range from $15 to $100, and residents will be held responsible for paying the fine if the speeding motorist was visiting them. "It's just a little bit overboard," resident Derek Brown said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Obama's politically lethal credibility problem
Subscribe to the Week