A Colorado homeowners' association has set up a radar system within its gated community and will soon begin issuing speeding tickets. Fines for exceeding the 30 mph speed limit range from $15 to $100, and residents will be held responsible for paying the fine if the speeding motorist was visiting them. "It's just a little bit overboard," resident Derek Brown said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week