If you're willing to shell out $2,990 to achieve personal space, Swiss design company Micasa Labs has you covered. Its sleek Cocoon 1 is a transparent capsule 6 feet in diameter that can be customized with pillow modules, cooking modules, and more. With an optional net, it can hang from a tree, perfect for getting "in touch with nature, while remaining removed from it," says Darren Quick at Gizmag.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week