If you're willing to shell out $2,990 to achieve personal space, Swiss design company Micasa Labs has you covered. Its sleek Cocoon 1 is a transparent capsule 6 feet in diameter that can be customized with pillow modules, cooking modules, and more. With an optional net, it can hang from a tree, perfect for getting "in touch with nature, while remaining removed from it," says Darren Quick at Gizmag.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week