Percentage increase in October in background checks of people applying to buy guns, an indicator of future sales. Conservatives worry that Obama will tighten gun rules.
Percentage increase in background checks from 2007 to 2008, when Obama was first elected
Percentage increase in employment in the firearms industry between 2008 and 2011
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week