Percentage increase in October in background checks of people applying to buy guns, an indicator of future sales. Conservatives worry that Obama will tighten gun rules.
Percentage increase in background checks from 2007 to 2008, when Obama was first elected
Percentage increase in employment in the firearms industry between 2008 and 2011
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week