Angry parents have forced an Austin school district to cancel elementary-school performances of a play about two male penguins at the Bronx Zoo who bond and raise a chick. Jonathan Saenz of the group Texas Values said the play "tries to promote a different marriage definition, which is clearly illegal" and "leads to the discussion of sex."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week