Angry parents have forced an Austin school district to cancel elementary-school performances of a play about two male penguins at the Bronx Zoo who bond and raise a chick. Jonathan Saenz of the group Texas Values said the play "tries to promote a different marriage definition, which is clearly illegal" and "leads to the discussion of sex."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week