Angry parents have forced an Austin school district to cancel elementary-school performances of a play about two male penguins at the Bronx Zoo who bond and raise a chick. Jonathan Saenz of the group Texas Values said the play "tries to promote a different marriage definition, which is clearly illegal" and "leads to the discussion of sex."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week