ngry parents have forced an Austin school district to cancel elementary-school performances of a play about two male penguins at the Bronx Zoo who bond and raise a chick. Jonathan Saenz of the group Texas Values said the play "tries to promote a different marriage definition, which is clearly illegal" and "leads to the discussion of sex."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
Subscribe to the Week