A Florida man was tasered by police for turning his hose on his neighbor's house fire. Dan Jensen, 42, complied when police ordered him to put down his garden hose, but as the fire came near his fence with no fire trucks in sight, he turned the hose on again and was promptly tasered. "I thought they were here to help me," said Jensen of the police. "Instead, they hurt me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week