A Florida man was tasered by police for turning his hose on his neighbor's house fire. Dan Jensen, 42, complied when police ordered him to put down his garden hose, but as the fire came near his fence with no fire trucks in sight, he turned the hose on again and was promptly tasered. "I thought they were here to help me," said Jensen of the police. "Instead, they hurt me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week