Florida man was tasered by police for turning his hose on his neighbor's house fire. Dan Jensen, 42, complied when police ordered him to put down his garden hose, but as the fire came near his fence with no fire trucks in sight, he turned the hose on again and was promptly tasered. "I thought they were here to help me," said Jensen of the police. "Instead, they hurt me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week