A Florida man was tasered by police for turning his hose on his neighbor's house fire. Dan Jensen, 42, complied when police ordered him to put down his garden hose, but as the fire came near his fence with no fire trucks in sight, he turned the hose on again and was promptly tasered. "I thought they were here to help me," said Jensen of the police. "Instead, they hurt me."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week