With the Makerbot Replicator 2 ($2,199), "anyone's home can become a mini factory." The new 3-D printer "prints bigger, faster, and more precisely than its predecessor," and given its capabilities, it is "stunningly inexpensive," and hard to beat for performance and ease of use. Just "download or create a design, hit Print," and watch as the Replicator extrudes ultra-thin layers of plastic until they've built your object — "or, if you want, hundreds of copies of it." Source: TIME
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week