ith the Makerbot Replicator 2 ($2,199), "anyone's home can become a mini factory." The new 3-D printer "prints bigger, faster, and more precisely than its predecessor," and given its capabilities, it is "stunningly inexpensive," and hard to beat for performance and ease of use. Just "download or create a design, hit Print," and watch as the Replicator extrudes ultra-thin layers of plastic until they've built your object — "or, if you want, hundreds of copies of it." Source: TIME
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week