With the Makerbot Replicator 2 ($2,199), "anyone's home can become a mini factory." The new 3-D printer "prints bigger, faster, and more precisely than its predecessor," and given its capabilities, it is "stunningly inexpensive," and hard to beat for performance and ease of use. Just "download or create a design, hit Print," and watch as the Replicator extrudes ultra-thin layers of plastic until they've built your object — "or, if you want, hundreds of copies of it." Source: TIME
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week