With the Makerbot Replicator 2 ($2,199), "anyone's home can become a mini factory." The new 3-D printer "prints bigger, faster, and more precisely than its predecessor," and given its capabilities, it is "stunningly inexpensive," and hard to beat for performance and ease of use. Just "download or create a design, hit Print," and watch as the Replicator extrudes ultra-thin layers of plastic until they've built your object — "or, if you want, hundreds of copies of it." Source: TIME
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week