Kids who love to catch insects face a common challenge: It's sometimes hard to collect the little varmints without harming them. For those aspiring entomologists, there's now a solution: the Anteater Bug Vac ($25), a field tool that gently sucks insects up its snout into a removable transparent container. This little battery-operated sucker is "also great for getting those creepy crawlies in the house without having to feel them crunch beneath the napkin as you squish them." Next up? Close observation of the specimens or their hasty release back into the wild. Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The next pandemic
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week