Kids who love to catch insects face a common challenge: It's sometimes hard to collect the little varmints without harming them. For those aspiring entomologists, there's now a solution: the Anteater Bug Vac ($25), a field tool that gently sucks insects up its snout into a removable transparent container. This little battery-operated sucker is "also great for getting those creepy crawlies in the house without having to feel them crunch beneath the napkin as you squish them." Next up? Close observation of the specimens or their hasty release back into the wild. Source: TrendHunter
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- A lesson for America from MH17: Don't arm the Syrian rebels
Subscribe to the Week