A newly erected Ten Commandments monument at the Oklahoma state capitol contains several typos. The ACLU complains that the 2,000-pound monument is an improper state endorsement of the Christian religion, but English pedants are also upset, as the word "Sabbath" is spelled "Sabbeth" on the monument, and "maidservant" is rendered "maidseruent."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week