newly erected Ten Commandments monument at the Oklahoma state capitol contains several typos. The ACLU complains that the 2,000-pound monument is an improper state endorsement of the Christian religion, but English pedants are also upset, as the word "Sabbath" is spelled "Sabbeth" on the monument, and "maidservant" is rendered "maidseruent."
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week