olice ordered a Louisiana woman to take down Christmas lights she arranged in the shape of a hand "flipping the bird." Sarah Henderson admits the lights were designed to send a message to her neighbors, which the police deemed obscene. The ACLU objected, saying that in our Constitution, "even things like the raised middle finger are protected speech."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week