When the brakes on Brian Reynolds' truck failed, he tried slowing down his vehicle the "old-fashioned, Fred Flintstone way" by sticking his leg out of the car to create friction. He then tried rolling his car up a hill. In the process, the Salem, Mass., man ended up falling out of his 1987 Chevy truck's open door. The vehicle then proceeded to run over his left leg. Adding insult to (minor) injury, the police issued Reynolds a $35 ticket for "driving with defective equipment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week