When the brakes on Brian Reynolds' truck failed, he tried slowing down his vehicle the "old-fashioned, Fred Flintstone way" by sticking his leg out of the car to create friction. He then tried rolling his car up a hill. In the process, the Salem, Mass., man ended up falling out of his 1987 Chevy truck's open door. The vehicle then proceeded to run over his left leg. Adding insult to (minor) injury, the police issued Reynolds a $35 ticket for "driving with defective equipment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week