When the brakes on Brian Reynolds' truck failed, he tried slowing down his vehicle the "old-fashioned, Fred Flintstone way" by sticking his leg out of the car to create friction. He then tried rolling his car up a hill. In the process, the Salem, Mass., man ended up falling out of his 1987 Chevy truck's open door. The vehicle then proceeded to run over his left leg. Adding insult to (minor) injury, the police issued Reynolds a $35 ticket for "driving with defective equipment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop hating on cyclists
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week