When the brakes on Brian Reynolds' truck failed, he tried slowing down his vehicle the "old-fashioned, Fred Flintstone way" by sticking his leg out of the car to create friction. He then tried rolling his car up a hill. In the process, the Salem, Mass., man ended up falling out of his 1987 Chevy truck's open door. The vehicle then proceeded to run over his left leg. Adding insult to (minor) injury, the police issued Reynolds a $35 ticket for "driving with defective equipment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week