When the brakes on Brian Reynolds' truck failed, he tried slowing down his vehicle the "old-fashioned, Fred Flintstone way" by sticking his leg out of the car to create friction. He then tried rolling his car up a hill. In the process, the Salem, Mass., man ended up falling out of his 1987 Chevy truck's open door. The vehicle then proceeded to run over his left leg. Adding insult to (minor) injury, the police issued Reynolds a $35 ticket for "driving with defective equipment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week