The "All In" custom poker table is the card-shark's dream. Akke Functional Art spent 600 hours making it, and the playing surface features 15 different types of wood, including Madagascar ebony and rosewood. The table has a subtle opulence, with a shimmering underbelly outfitted with gold-painted pipes and five light bulbs, which illuminate the table through diamond cutouts. In order to snag this custom piece, you'll need to be good, as the table is reserved for the winner of the World Poker Tour's player of the year honor. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week