The "All In" custom poker table is the card-shark's dream. Akke Functional Art spent 600 hours making it, and the playing surface features 15 different types of wood, including Madagascar ebony and rosewood. The table has a subtle opulence, with a shimmering underbelly outfitted with gold-painted pipes and five light bulbs, which illuminate the table through diamond cutouts. In order to snag this custom piece, you'll need to be good, as the table is reserved for the winner of the World Poker Tour's player of the year honor. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week