The "All In" custom poker table is the card-shark's dream. Akke Functional Art spent 600 hours making it, and the playing surface features 15 different types of wood, including Madagascar ebony and rosewood. The table has a subtle opulence, with a shimmering underbelly outfitted with gold-painted pipes and five light bulbs, which illuminate the table through diamond cutouts. In order to snag this custom piece, you'll need to be good, as the table is reserved for the winner of the World Poker Tour's player of the year honor. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week