The "All In" custom poker table is the card-shark's dream. Akke Functional Art spent 600 hours making it, and the playing surface features 15 different types of wood, including Madagascar ebony and rosewood. The table has a subtle opulence, with a shimmering underbelly outfitted with gold-painted pipes and five light bulbs, which illuminate the table through diamond cutouts. In order to snag this custom piece, you'll need to be good, as the table is reserved for the winner of the World Poker Tour's player of the year honor. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How one toxic boss can poison your entire office
Subscribe to the Week