If you've got $450 and no problem fueling the caffeine addiction of the Starbucks snob in your life, a limited-edition Starbucks card made of steel will make for a superb stocking stuffer. The card gives your favorite coffee fiend $400 of credit at Starbucks and "gold status," which offers perks like free refills. And the extra $50 in the price tag? That goes to crafting the card itself out of cut steel. The cards are for sale exclusively on the luxury site Gilt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 most important developments in climate change in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- New York City's police unions need to get a grip
- Why we can't educate racism away
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week