New Jersey tanning salon is giving away free spray tans to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Melissa Kinsman, 31, owner of the East Coast Glo salon, admits that a free spray tan won't help rebuild homes of people devastated by the storm, but it "could make them feel a little better." Dozens have accepted her offer. "Everyone has something to give," said Kinsman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week