Fido can now stay with you forever — and not just in your heart. The Wall Street Journal reports that some companies are turning the ashes of deceased pets into diamonds by using the carbon from cremated remains as the main ingredient in manufactured gems. Most pet diamonds, which cost at least $1,400, are then used to create jewelry, so that "precious friends become precious gems."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week