ido can now stay with you forever — and not just in your heart. The Wall Street Journal reports that some companies are turning the ashes of deceased pets into diamonds by using the carbon from cremated remains as the main ingredient in manufactured gems. Most pet diamonds, which cost at least $1,400, are then used to create jewelry, so that "precious friends become precious gems."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week