ido can now stay with you forever — and not just in your heart. The Wall Street Journal reports that some companies are turning the ashes of deceased pets into diamonds by using the carbon from cremated remains as the main ingredient in manufactured gems. Most pet diamonds, which cost at least $1,400, are then used to create jewelry, so that "precious friends become precious gems."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week