Fido can now stay with you forever — and not just in your heart. The Wall Street Journal reports that some companies are turning the ashes of deceased pets into diamonds by using the carbon from cremated remains as the main ingredient in manufactured gems. Most pet diamonds, which cost at least $1,400, are then used to create jewelry, so that "precious friends become precious gems."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week