The century club
Women are much more likely to reach age 100 than men — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
Americans who are age 100 or older. That's fewer than 2 in 10,000 Americans.
Centenarians who live in the South — the country's most centenarian-heavy region
Percent of centenarians who are women
Source: U.S. Census
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
Subscribe to the Week