The century club
Women are much more likely to reach age 100 than men — and more in our collection of surprising facts and figures
Americans who are age 100 or older. That's fewer than 2 in 10,000 Americans.
Centenarians who live in the South — the country's most centenarian-heavy region
Percent of centenarians who are women
Source: U.S. Census
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week