Jersey City is erecting a three-story "eye in the sky" surveillance tower to monitor a high-crime area. The tower, equipped with video cameras, is a response to police budget cuts. "It's another step we have to take as we embrace technology," said police Chief Tom Comey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week