A New York judge has ruled against a man who claimed he shouldn't be liable for $28,000 he spent in one night at a strip club. William Ilg had claimed that staff at the Hustler Club got him so drunk that he became "no longer capable of conducting transactions." But the judge ruled that the club had no duty "to protect plaintiff from the results of his intoxication."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week