A New York judge has ruled against a man who claimed he shouldn't be liable for $28,000 he spent in one night at a strip club. William Ilg had claimed that staff at the Hustler Club got him so drunk that he became "no longer capable of conducting transactions." But the judge ruled that the club had no duty "to protect plaintiff from the results of his intoxication."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week