New York judge has ruled against a man who claimed he shouldn't be liable for $28,000 he spent in one night at a strip club. William Ilg had claimed that staff at the Hustler Club got him so drunk that he became "no longer capable of conducting transactions." But the judge ruled that the club had no duty "to protect plaintiff from the results of his intoxication."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
Subscribe to the Week