After much passenger griping, the TSA has announced that it will finally allow snow globes onboard airplanes... as long as they hold less than 3.4 ounces of liquid, or are no larger than a tennis ball. Bob Burns at the TSA's official blog also wants you to know the TSA will let you bring certain confections home to grandma: "Contrary to popular belief," he says, "fruitcake is a delicious, edible, and permitted cake, not a WMD."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week