After much passenger griping, the TSA has announced that it will finally allow snow globes onboard airplanes... as long as they hold less than 3.4 ounces of liquid, or are no larger than a tennis ball. Bob Burns at the TSA's official blog also wants you to know the TSA will let you bring certain confections home to grandma: "Contrary to popular belief," he says, "fruitcake is a delicious, edible, and permitted cake, not a WMD."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week