After much passenger griping, the TSA has announced that it will finally allow snow globes onboard airplanes... as long as they hold less than 3.4 ounces of liquid, or are no larger than a tennis ball. Bob Burns at the TSA's official blog also wants you to know the TSA will let you bring certain confections home to grandma: "Contrary to popular belief," he says, "fruitcake is a delicious, edible, and permitted cake, not a WMD."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week