After much passenger griping, the TSA has announced that it will finally allow snow globes onboard airplanes... as long as they hold less than 3.4 ounces of liquid, or are no larger than a tennis ball. Bob Burns at the TSA's official blog also wants you to know the TSA will let you bring certain confections home to grandma: "Contrary to popular belief," he says, "fruitcake is a delicious, edible, and permitted cake, not a WMD."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week