After much passenger griping, the TSA has announced that it will finally allow snow globes onboard airplanes... as long as they hold less than 3.4 ounces of liquid, or are no larger than a tennis ball. Bob Burns at the TSA's official blog also wants you to know the TSA will let you bring certain confections home to grandma: "Contrary to popular belief," he says, "fruitcake is a delicious, edible, and permitted cake, not a WMD."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
Subscribe to the Week