Keith Allen Brown, currently incarcerated in the Idaho Correctional Institution for voluntary manslaughter, has spent almost 30 of his 52 years behind bars. Things might have been different if it weren't for alcohol. And that's why Brown and four fellow prisoners have filed a $1 billion lawsuit against beer and wine companies for not sufficiently warning them about booze. Not once in my life, Brown says, "was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week