Keith Allen Brown, currently incarcerated in the Idaho Correctional Institution for voluntary manslaughter, has spent almost 30 of his 52 years behind bars. Things might have been different if it weren't for alcohol. And that's why Brown and four fellow prisoners have filed a $1 billion lawsuit against beer and wine companies for not sufficiently warning them about booze. Not once in my life, Brown says, "was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week