Keith Allen Brown, currently incarcerated in the Idaho Correctional Institution for voluntary manslaughter, has spent almost 30 of his 52 years behind bars. Things might have been different if it weren't for alcohol. And that's why Brown and four fellow prisoners have filed a $1 billion lawsuit against beer and wine companies for not sufficiently warning them about booze. Not once in my life, Brown says, "was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week