A California man has been driving alone in the carpool lane with corporation papers on the passenger's seat to test the legal principle that corporations are persons. Jonathan Frieman, 56, says he wants to make a political point. But after he was ticketed for not having a passenger in a carpool lane, a judge rejected his argument. Frieman is appealing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week